Thursday, September 24, 2009

Validity and reliability

So, I was talking about the improvement I found in moving from able to read 2-3 words to 5 or so....

I told my shrink... however small it might be... I sensed improvements.

My doctor suggested us to explore better measures with validity and reliability.....

I, again, stared at him...

I mean.... so goes my naive theory.... and I guess I am making myself beyond comprehension.... for... if you can't retain more than 5 words at a time.... you probability don't have enough cognitive capacity to perform things higher level than the most basic thing in the given domain.... sort of like the assumptions beyond intelligence tests....

Although, being able to read paragraphs now and could try to comprehend, I have no intention to go back to that state and will leave it to the others test it out.... 8-X

On a second thought... this would be a good area to research.... fairly interesting... actually.... especially the fMRI kinda research..... wow.... that would be cool....

Would have loved to contribute my brain except for no one seems to give a rat's ass about my brain.... 8-O lol oops...

Or, more accurately, my brain doesn't fit their research protocols-- the methods section.... the criteria for subject selection.....

No comments: