Saturday, September 19, 2009

dosage

In case you wonder... if, in my perception, Seroquel is causing so many problems, why don't I simply go down on the meds.

Two reasons...

First, for security purposes, you need to give it time for the nerurochemicals to reach a renewed state of homeostasis...

Second, despite the griefs I might have given my shrinks, I need to get the doctor's OK before lowering the dosage....

This is the reason I can't wait till next Tuesday morning to come so that I can persuade again my shrink to let the dosage lowered.... Well... going from reading 1-2 words at a time to 5 or so within 1 month.... provided more elevated affect state... I guess I haven't gone too wrong with my hypothesis....

Reduced dosage did help except for I do still feel more overdosed as long as you don't ask me why my functionality was far better back in spring when I was on 600 mg as opposed to now 250 mg.

Personally, dosage adjustment is more an art than a science.

No comments: