Thursday, September 24, 2009

Instructional technologies

During my meeting with my shrink the other day, I talked about my single digit level of cognitive processing power...

Sort of like... there had been improvements... I was able to go from reading 2-3 words at a time till around 5 words at a time...

He asked, "Don't we all read one word at a time."

I replied, "Yes. But I can only hold that much information in my head before it freeze and I could do nothing more."

The nice doctor thought of someone who has done a lot of studies on the cognition of psychotic people.

Apparently, she had tried out the use of computer programs to help augment the cognitive capacity of psychotic patients.

I sat there staring at him...

Wondering.... 5 words at a time?

My naive theory would say them patients gotta have more cognitive resources than I did to let the study results reach that .05 significance level...

At 5 words at a time... my processing would have stalled before finishing reading the instructions.... 8-O lol oops... no offense... all respects...

No comments: