Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wireless network

We were talking about cellphone the other night.

I said that I never had a cellphone although I run a wireless network in my head.

Then, I thought of this old router that is broken in my room. With this router, you can hardwired to the jack and get to the Internet. However, if you try to connect to the Internet through the wireless network it sets up, you could connect to it but it take you no where.

After I spoke with my friend who is the network administrator at work, she pondered whether it is possible that it is the bridge between the wireless and the router that is broken. Interesting thought... although I knew there is something wrong between the wireless component and the hardwired part of the component, it never really occurs to me concretely that there exist a linkage between the wireless and hardwired connections..... not until it has been named.

In any case, I thought of that wireless network that connects to all computers and assigns IP address to them all but allows none of them computers to go no where...

I thought... the wireless network is like that in my head...

It has been up and running except for it doesn't really go anywhere. At times, it might receive noises in the background and process them as if they are legit signals.

This makes me want to open up that broken router and see whether I could fix it.... (Wow... I sense the emergence of interest and motivation...)

No comments: