Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Money-Matters

I don't live in a vacuum--- of course, money matters.

Although one of my childhood dream was to own a share of Berkshire A, today, I sold my sole share of Berkshire B to cover my expenses.

It took a lot of processing time for me to hit the sell button.

You see, when the market is all rosy and seems to be going upwards, you would like to keep it longer to see it rise along with the wave of the rising tend.

When the market is down and like many others struggling to rise from the low end, you don't want to sell it because you know that historically.... the current price is not at the peak point.

There will never a good point to sell it.

Yet, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

After I hit that sell button, all competing rationales dissolved because it was a point when arguments turn nonsensical.

This might sound as if the processing time involves only the time approaching the sale...

Yet, in reality, it took months if not years for me... including them days and nights of either having too many or close to no thoughts.... to gracefully accepting that "hitting point."

Consider the dealing of the issue about whether the permanent damages to my knees might be compensated or not as part of the preparation or vice versa...

In either case, although it takes work, I don't really know what the work entails....

For either case, I am gradually learn to cling to one principle...

Getting all upset is harmful to my health and stupid, especially if these are things I can get upset not about....

What you have. You have.

What you are supposed to let go. Let go.

Easy to say then done especially when I have no inkling what the hell it means to let go. 8-O

So says the Chinese... preparing for the rainy days.... consider it is raining now and thank God, I guess, other than some minor inconveniences... it ain't feeling quite that bad... 8-O lol

And, what is wrong about selling investment to cover tuition as well as room and board? I think it might have something to do with the sin called pride.

(I think this might be another one of those posting that will give me the.... "How did I get here?" kind of feeling tomorrow morning....)

No comments: