Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blocked? (This clip has been blocked in your region)

When I was in China, I was unable to access blogger, youtube, picasa, facebook, twitter.. etc.

Yet, I could replay them episodes of 原来是美男 on youku.com for as many times as I want...

Funny enough... after I came back to Taipei, I could access anything I want to except for... when wanting to view the pretty face and heart melting smile of 張根硕...

For the first time in my life... I saw something like this...



The clip has been blocked from your region?

What?  My first instinct was... Don't tell me that the Taiwanese government is blocking me from watching  原来是美男?!

A simple google search also returns tons of links asking about the same message...

Ended up, people from countries such as the US also receive this same blue screen....

Moreover, according to this guy living in China, when he accessed the website in China, he didn't have any problem....  However,  he also encountered the same screen when he uses a proxy.  One hypothesis this guy had was that...

"I think the issue is that youku's been getting a lot of heat from the west, especially the states for copyright infringement, so it decided to block the us US traffic and pretend like they don't host any illegal movies and stuff."

Regardless... apparently... something still blocked.... 8-O lol

Thank God, I could still view 原来是美男... through...  sohu.com....

http://tv.sohu.com/s2010/ylsmn/

At the same time, how funny is it that... were not da Korean Drama... I wouldn't have a clue about the whole 9 yards about "This clip has been blocked in your region" phenomena.  8-O lol

(Feel free to click this link to see the screen for yourself... live!  You do need an IP identifying you accessing the link from outside of China...  原来是美男啊 You are beautiful!

No comments: