Saturday, September 11, 2010

基隆廟口夜市螃蟹羹 (Crab thick soup at Keelung Night Market)

Paid my uncle a visit again today.... that physician uncle of mine who's been treating me since as I was kid...

Although I am in Taipei, uncle's clinic is in Keelung (基隆).

When in Keelung, one place I made a point to visit, if possible, is the Keelung night market (although shops are also open during the day time).  Accordingly, Keelung night market was elected as the most "friendly" and most "delicious" night market in a poll conducted over the web

The dish I tried out today was "Crab Thick Soup" (螃蟹羹).  Although the bowl is not all that big, you do see quite a few pieces of crab meat there and a whole lot of other ingredients...  If I had added some vinegar and hot chilly, it might have been more to my taste... However, still good eat!

Because it was so crowded and most seats were taken.... I almost gave up on my tasting effort today... Happy that I did!


Like what my mama always says... Welcome to Taiwan... and don't forget to try out thems good eat!

No comments: