Sunday, September 5, 2010

The man said... 사랑해요 | 我愛你 | I love you

"사랑해요 | 我愛你 | I love you" was what the first Korean man I came across in Korea trying to teach me.... as we spent the night together along for the first time... and ever... whom I spent my first 85,000 won (Korean currency) on....

8-O

Sounds almost like I am going into the direction of the American gigolo scenario... and ratprincess finally got laid once for a change... 8-O lol

That strange Korean man I am talking about is a gypsy cab driver who drives a black van... even got the metering kind of machine inside of the car... although my Korean friend and her friend had no idea about this kind of cabs at all...

So, when I arrived at the Incheon airport, it was about midnight and all public transportations had already stopped running....

I found these three kids from the US, possibly teaching English in Taiwan and Korea now...  Although I had no idea where I was going, I decided to split the cab with them going into town from the airport.... thinking... maybe I would be able to find a cheap hotel to spend the night instead of going to my friend's place at this hour...

On our way to Seoul, I got a hold of my friend and she apparently checked out the hotels all around town... The taxi driver also made a few phone calls to hotels...

Both came back with the same conclusion....

All hotels were fully booked.... (yet, I guess, if I were feeling up to paying 500 or 1000 US dollar a night, I might be able to find a room... 8-O lol)

It was not until the day after did I come to the realization that the situation might have something to do with the fact that.... it was Saturday and the second day was this Korean national holiday called "Liberation Day".... celebrating the liberation from the Japanese.

Before the ride, the driver told us that he would charge 2000 won for each person since it would be a 80000 won trip into town.

When we finally arrived at downtown Seoul, he suddenly raised the price to 25000 won... saying that all cabs would raise the fare by 10% after midnight and he also had to cover the fees for the tolls.

Ended up, we all paid an extra 5000 won (the equivalence of 5-6 US dollars) for the trip between the airport and downtown Seoul... and... to be honest, I found that driver to be really stupid... Unless he had never done it before... why didn't he simply charge 25,000 won in the beginning?  In that case, we didn't even have go through the experience of feeling being cheated....

You see, there is something strange about human psychology... if, inevitably, I have to be cheated, I'd rather be unaware of it... 8-O lol

Since even my friend can not find me any hotel room in town, it might not be any safer or cheaper for me to take one of them ordinary cabs and my friend already has this guy's cell phone number, I decided to take his taxi to go all the way to Bun-dang...

It was during the ride going to Bun-dang did this man started beginning to act... how do you describe it... frisky...

So he asked whether I am single...

So he asked what I think of Korean man?

And, he wanted to be my boy friend.... 8-O lol

Also, he tried to touch my hand...  @#$%&*$%#

Since it was already 1:00 or 2:00 o'clock early in the morning in a country I have never been to and, its language, I had no idea about, provided that we were on the highway, I had to go on  leisurely conversing with him for fear that.... damn... this guy could really drop me right off there this hour in the night....

Concerning his request to be my boyfriend and since he would not decrease the additional fare rate from 60000 to 50000, my only response...

"No 50000, no girlfriend."

He also tried to teach me Korean....

"사랑해요 (I love you)..."

"사랑해요 (I love you)..."

"사랑해요 (I love you)..."


Mister even came up with this proposal... "You go home with me... 0 dollars!"  (Man... he really underestimated my worth... 8-O lol)

And, wow.. man... didn't know that Korean men are so forth-coming and straight-forward.... 8-O

Well... in my much younger years... I had imagined foreign love affair like...

羅馬假期 or Roman Holidays...



東京假期 or Seven Nights in Japan...



OMG... 好悲情ㄚ and so romantic as well!

Except for... man... I am also somewhat royal since I am the Ratprincess... How come my experiences are so much different these other royal pals?  (Perhaps, having something to do with the rat part of my title... 8-O lol)

Yet, looking at the bright, in the ratological version of 韓國假期 or Korean Holidays, at least, I sort have someone serenading me incessantly and tried to make me say to him...  사랑해요... 사랑해요... 사랑해요.... (I love you... I love you... I love you....) though nothing comparing to the following.... 8-O lol



What happened then?

He finally took me to my friend's place and I paid him the 60000 won for the trip between Seoul and Bun-dang.

And, one might wonder... what might I have done to make him acting so?

I swear to God... all that I did was trying to negotiate with this guy about the cab fare... That's all.

I guess... this man might have a thing with women who haggle?  And, whenever I hear 사랑해요 (I love you), I thought of the cab driver, Mr. 사랑해요..... 8-O 8-X lol

No comments: