Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How normal people think?--- Just say no 8-O

This is something I heard people said... often... "I didn't know that your body is still....."

Sometimes I wonder... for some of them... whether it is because they have tuned themselves out of the narration, they refuse to believe the reality or I simply have gotten tired of retelling the same old story...

One lesson I have to learn, I have sort of learned and I continue to learn is to... just say no.

You see, this world could be without boundaries... my posting here could be read or browsed through from all 5 continents on this planet.

Yet, when you have disabilities, you have constraints.... and these sometimes are constraints other people can't even imagine....

You have dreams.... the dream that one day you might fare better doing them stairs, slopes, and walk at  a faster pace so that you don't have to slow everyone else down with you.  You might also wish that... one day... I will be able to go out with a laptop weighting no more than 3 kilo like what I used to be able to do....

You can imagine in your head that you beat them up left and right for the things they do or say to rub salt onto your wound... which might even cause real damages to you.... your health...

Yet, one most important thing is that...

At the end of the day, the supporting characters would simply go back on to their ordinary life and deal with their own issues.

You, unfortunately, is the only person to be stuck in that body and mind of yours.  You are the only personal having to live through the consequences including the process of recovery... even from ground zero.

A lesson I, yet, have to master... to share with you...

When knowing something is above and beyond your capacity, and, when knowing engaging in such acts could have bad bad consequences... "just say no".

If you can't run... don't run.

If you can't do stairs... find alternative path so as to minimize the number of stairs that you have to handle.

If you can't carry weight, try to minimize the weight you have to carry on.

Most of all, when other people want you to join them to engage in activities ordinary to them but highly technical to you, you need to have the courage to tell them... no.

"No.  I can't do them stairs and I will have to find an entrance with disability access to the subway.  You can go on yourself first and I will catch up later."

or..

"No.  I won't be able to make it to the other side of the 6 lane road in 35 seconds."

Even more...

If you walk too slow and you don't want to slow them down, simply tell them, "Go ahead and I will catch some point."

This actually is one of the reason why I prefer to take my walk myself...

It might be difficult for you to spit out that world "no."

Not only because people might get annoyed etc.

Somehow, I think, the reason why "no" is a so hard a word to say, at least for me, is that... I don't want to be the person to say no.  I don't even want to be the person having the awareness that sometimes I might have to say no.  Each every time, it is as if... each every "no" confirms a part of me that has been lost and there is no telling whether such could be regain....

In addition, if other people don't see the point why you are so upset by disability-related issues... and might find you the only person with issues...

Tell them... "God bless...."

Tell yourself... "You don't even know how many issues I have!  Yes, God, I have a truck load of issues and I admit to it!!" 8-O lol

And... come to think about it... perhaps, that's just how the normal people think.... I guess... one of the answer to...  How do normal people think? or... How I used to think, maybe?

Also, if you are not normal, you are not normal... get on with it.. why bother pretending to be normal?  8-O lol

No comments: