Saturday, September 4, 2010

基隆蓮花燈 Lotus Lantern of Keelung (Ghost Festival)

I took the bus to Keelung to see my uncle, a physician, who has been treating me since I was a kid...

On my way back to Taipei, I took route different from the usual... I decided to take the boardwalk by the water...

Coincidentally, today, there is this "Lotus lantern (蓮花燈)" lighting function as part of the ghost festival.

So I went and got a lantern, too, and released it off to the sea... It was not until later did I know that... the lamp I was given randomly was yellow in color... associated with "平安圓滿"-- meaning safe and sound without problems and satisfactory outcome..  Sounds good... I like it...

Although I did not have a camera with me, I did find a video clip to show you what happens during the process of lantern release...




Also, you can check out more pictures of this event such as the following at this blog I found online...


Originally, I had wanted to go to Keelung for the lantern release thing this year... except for I missed the 中元節 or the mid-month of the ghost month for the trip to Seoul and Shanghai.  I had thought that there was no way this wish could come true... coincidentally, today, I had to go see my doctor, decided to take an alternative route and found myself releasing the yellow lantern.... Speaking of... all roads lead Rome in its mysterious way? 8-O lol

No comments: