Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)

The day after the World Expo, I rested for the entire day to recuperate... Did only one thing... gotten up to the tallest building in Shanghai now... the Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC).... 5-10 minute's walk from where I was staying at.

As a matter of fact, looking at the speed at which buildings are getting built up in Shanghai today, you might have to speed up getting to the 100th floor of SWFC soon before it becomes the next Jinmao Tower-- the formerly known as the tallest building in Shanghai... 8-O lol

My sister had told me that you can get a 10% discount if you show them your World Expo ticket.  I didn't get to use this discount though...

At the same time, if you don't quite care about getting all the way up to the 100th floor to see the ground from right underneath your feet... I was told that you could actually get up to the upper levels through the hotel part of the building.

Following are some pictures I took either inside of the SWFC or SWFC pictures I took from different angles or locations.

The waiting area before you enter the room for video introduction
In this room, you will be given an introduction about the building.


This picture was taken on the 100th floor....  The yellow lights you see there are actually street lights etc on the ground... 100 floors below. Unfortunately, I was there too late to see the view in day light...  So far as I am concerning, the main reason to spend all that money to come all the way up here is to be standing on these clear glass floor and see the ground 100 floors below.... 
I think this is the view of Jinmao Tower and SWFC from the "Riverside Park" 河濱公園" in Pu-doing 
This picture was taken by 豫園/城隍廟
The view of the skyscrapers, including SWFC, from the overpass near the Oriental Pearl and the Lujiazu metro station.

The SWFC is designed in a strange fashion.  From certain angle, you would think that the topic of the building is pointed in shape and can't even see the hollow part below the 100th floor.  

This picture was taken from the Bund (外灘)
The SWFC in bright day light...

Pictures taken from the SWFC...


No comments: