Wednesday, September 8, 2010

杭州灣跨海大橋 (Hangzhou Bay Bridge)

I took a trip over the 杭州灣跨海大橋 (Hangzhou Bay Bridge)....

This bridge is 35.673 M or around 22.167 miles in length... It is now the longest trans-oceanic bridge and the second longest bridge in the world (with the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in the United States still ranking number 1).

I found many pictures online... on fair-weather days... Unfortunately, it was as foggy as possible... the day I took my trip.

So what does it feel like to cross the longest trans-oceanic bridge in the world on a foggy day?

Experience for yourself.... 35.673 (oops... mistake.. not KM but M 8-O lol) at the average speed of, say, around 110 KM/HR... a trip of about 20 something minutes, perhaps...



The S-shape bridge...  


One thing I found most interesting about the trip is that... at points, the bridge was so closed to the water that I can't stop worried about... what if... in the season of Typhoons?

No comments: