Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disabled

Disability is a way of life. Sometimes I think...

So just as I am trying to become less disabled one day at a time in real life, back 2-3 weeks ago, I found one of my Mafia War character became disabled... too... 8-O

In Mafia war, there are two ways players get to gain experiences so as to level up with doing jobs as one major way of doing it.

However, it takes energy to do jobs and it takes time.

For all players and from the lowest level, it takes 3 minutes to regenerate 1 energy point. After completing all three levels of the Consigliere jobs, you get the bonus loot item called the helicopter, which will reduce the energy regeneration rate by 30 seconds.

Then, there came one day when, all of a sudden, I realised that it took this character 5 minutes to regenerate 1 energy point instead of 2:30 minutes. In other words, from then on, it was as if it would take me twice the amount of time to complete the same amount of work.

One day, something changed... maybe somehow the reduction of 30 seconds became ineffect... leaving it 4:30 minute to regenerate per energy point.

I tried to contact the tech support of zynga and apparently, after all these time, they still could not quite figure out why this is happening after all these weeks.

They told me some tricks to resolve the issue based on the assumption that the problem is on the client-side. Unfortunately, they did not work.

Thereafter I tested out the game play on multiple computers and with 5 different versions of browsers... remained to be, the regeneration rate, 4:30 minutes per energy point. What this told me was... the problem is on the server side shall them people on the server side could figure out where exactly has gone wrong.

I tried to ask whether there are other players with the same problem... Two people responded back 2-3 weeks ago....

However, nobody mentioned that they were in the same boat as I asked again this week.... The only respond I got was from this guy who told me that now he is at the level of getting 2 energy points per 2:30 minutes... Apparently, now he has finished all boss jobs and gotten the Golden Throne.

And, I thought... how funny it is for this presence of mine to be disabled-- in this case... defined as taking twice amount of time to complete the same amount of work!

It is as if God or whatever it is is afraid I did not hear the word disabled loud and clear enough through my mental and physical existence.... To make the message sounding even louder... even the primary character of mine on Mafia War is rendered disabled.... to make it whole... my disabled existence... 8-O lol

And, this brought the low-latent-inhibited me to wonder... what is it about being disabled?

Yes. Disability is a way of life and I can't escape it even if I try. Yet, what is it about being disabled?

And, how could that plausible hysteric personality induce the disability in game plays as well? 8-O lol

No comments: