Thursday, September 11, 2008

The hawk

After work, I went to the park doing my every changing God knows what... (ok... my voice tell me to call it 氣功).

For reasons unknown, I stopped at a different location and start to move in however way that I am moved....

At some point, I saw a big bird resting on the tree....

To the passersby, I pointed.... "Hi, come see... there is a very big bird on the tree..."

One of the lady told me... "That a hawk. Must be looking for a rat."

I happily responded, "I am a rat. I was born in the year of the rat." 8-O lol

The lady replied, "Me as well!"

So I kept on doing whatever I was moved to do... sometimes checked out the hawk....

Then, I thought of what the professor said in class about symbols... how ravens symbolize something between life and death... (oops... sorry... it is my bad memory... it is not me...)

After I got home, about hawks I googled.... the symbolic meaning of hawks....

Somewhere I found...

Source I

Animal Symbolism – A combination of cultures

Hawk - Nobility, recollection, cleansing, messenger, observer, Solar, clarity, discrimination, inspiration, the soul.


Native American Animal Symbolism

Hawk - Awareness, Truth

Additional Native American Symbolism (many duplicates):

Hawk--Messenger of the sky, observer

Various Native American Cultures

Hawk-Strength, Foresight, Truth


Source 2

Hawk's Wisdom Includes:

  1. Clear-sightedness
  2. Being observant
  3. Far-memory
  4. Messages from spirit
  5. Guardianship
  6. Recalling past lives
  7. Courage
  8. Wisdom
  9. Illumination
  10. Seeing the larger picture
  11. Creativity
  12. Truth
  13. Experience
  14. Wise use of opportunities
  15. Overcoming problems
Source 3

HAWK - is the messenger. IT is also about visionary power and guardianship, the hawk is very protective of the young in its nest. It teaches us about providing for family and self. Hawk teaches us to be observant and to pay attention to what we may overlook. This could mean a talent we don't use, a blessing for which we haven't expressed gratitude, or a message from Spirit. The hawk has keen eyesight, it is about opening our eyes and seeing that which is there to guide us.
Source 4

In representation to humanity, the hawk is called messenger, protector and visionary. Keen vision is one of it’s greatest gifts. Hawks see things others miss.

The hawk comes to you indicating that you are now awakening to your soul purpose, your reason for being here. It can teach you how to fly high while keeping yourself connected to the ground....
Source 5
  1. Awareness of the Big Picture
  2. Guardianship
  3. Truth
  4. Channeling
  5. Visionary
  6. Latent Power
  7. Messages from the Blue Road of Spirit
  8. Higher Calling
  9. Illumination
  10. Observation
Source 6

Hawks Traditionally used as messengers of the Gods, these swift raptors teach us to be observant and clear-sighted, to see the larger picture and react with swiftness, strength and courage. They symbolize solar energy and warrior spirit.
The funny thing is....
The last time I saw a big bird like this... don't know whether it is the same one... it was once in the winter's day... by Lerner Hall... leading the path of my life towards the cuckoo cuckoo's nest... 8-O lol
Today, insane still I am... yet...
At a point when I am going to live the phenomena as phenomena...
At a point when I am pondering about letting go of psychoanalyzing myself... for enough done... no longer my reponsibility... it was needed before, somehow.... no need any more... as long as I could refrain myself from doing so... (authorization granted by your Defectory Fool to all who want to psycho-anything me to death...) 8-O lol
At a point when I submit my life to be the Parsifal I am supposed to be... fighting all these times to be abnormally normal... now simply accept all that's normally abnormal... though I yet have to find my own version of the holly grail... 8-O lol
Think about it... what is the password? Perhaps, the password is again right within my reach... except for... I am still waiting to see when I am gonna come out from them circles...
Or, perhaps, the message delivered by the hawk was... turn that VCR off so that you could watch your TV.... like NOW.

No comments: