Thursday, September 11, 2008

Password

One major event I remember in the morning was the two bosses of mine working on counting some money...

One boss of mine talked about how his old way of counting them money resulted in mistakes.

The other boss of mine said, "We all are human. Human makes mistakes."

Then, the day went by...

I found myself one thing to do after another.... got myself all busy while no one told me at all to do so...

In the back of my head, I still remember the mistakes I made for two weeks in a roll...

In the heat of moment... I gradually forgot the lessons learned.... and got myself all wined up search for a "password" of a specific software...

Having installed gazillion software programs in my life... this is the first time I am asked to enter a "password"....

I asked people... I looked everywhere... I tried everything I could... in search of that "password"...

Or, more accurately, I asked everyone except for the boss sitting next to me who made the comment that "Human makes mistakes."

When I finally got to ask her... she said, "I recall I was just doing some paper work on that software"....

She tried to look and find it... yet couldn't quite locate it...

Or, before she could, someone came and another came... people coming for help...

In the meanwhile, I called up the tech support for the company... and the information provided by the tech support was just getting both me and the tech support guy more and more confused...

At some point, when all things seem to be in a big state of confusion....

"Who are you speaking with?" My boss asked.

"The tech support from the company."

"Didn't I tell you to wait?"

She pulled out the paper... where there resided the "password."

All the things going on must have gotten my head in a spin... and I heard myself raising my voice....

I sat down... finally was able to complete the installation of the software...

The body is sending me a message which I should have caught it earlier...

Recalling what I did to myself last week... I slowed down or stopped to rest... till when I felt a relative state of homeostasis...

I turned to my boss and said, "I am sorry that I had raised my voice at you."

My dear boss replied with something like... "I did not take it that way at all."

Then, the time comes to finish installing the software with the "password."

I stopped doing it myself... and talked this poor coworker of mine through the installation process...

I stayed there to make sure the unfinished installations are completed but them machines I dare not touch... especially after 5:00 o'clock...

So I said to my coworker... "It could be a superstition of mine.... yet, now I dare not touch the computers...." (call it a phobia developing in process if you wish).

Whether she understand it or not...

So I thought...

Such is the story of my life and the lesson yet to be learned...

The "password" is always by my side except for I just have to, first, running around in circle like a doggies chasing its own tail before I could finally see the "password".

And, I thought...

Thank God that I am in a safe environment always protected.... despite of my inevitable propensity to chase after my own tail...

No comments: