Saturday, October 17, 2009

Comedy and tragedy

So this girl friend of mine and I both have been having some knee problems...

We spoke of how, instead of the subway, to minimise the number of stairs you take, you resort to buses instead...

When inevitable, you figure out which subway station has elevators so that you can connect to bus...

As well as the experiences of... you standing strong on the individual stair you arrive at while facing a sea of people trying to rush in and out of the subway stations... Don't you hate them people who block your path? One thing you don't know is that... you hate it even more when you are the one blocking the pathway... 8-O lol sigh

So I spoke of how I was moving so slow and stopping one stair at a time yesterday when trying to get out of the subway station....

Two ladies asked me how I was at different time...

My response... "I am fine. I will get there."

Maybe 10 minutes later... I finally got out of the station.... 8-O lol

Then, responded my girlfriend... "When you are my age... they stop asking." 8-O oops... lol

The burden of living in a world designed not for the disabled... I guess...

Ya... only people in the situation or who has been in the situation could understand...

"Yet, once you get better... you forget..." My girlfriend concurred with me with hearty laughter...

"Ya.. like for the longest time, my mama walked faster than me... then I caught up... then I was able to walk faster then her... This is when I turned around and yield at her... faster... faster... what do you mean you can't move no more. Then, one day... the IME day... again... mama walked faster than me with me stuck with the speed of slow and stop. And, you remember again. It was as if life thinks I am retarded and has to send me back to learn my lessons again." 8-O lol

"Degraded!" Commented another friend of mine.

All of us laughing together... as if there was no tomorrow... 8-O lol

So said Woody Allen... "Comedy is tragedy in time."

Perhaps... at times, it could be at the same time... 8-O lol

No comments: