Saturday, October 10, 2009

From React Not to Stop

In my much younger years... I circle around and around like a doggie chasing its own tail trying to react not.

So they told us... "Pay them no mind..."

The symptoms...

In recent days, if not the past 2-3 years, a new theme emerge... "STOP"... 8-O

Since not reacting is already an reaction, perhaps, the more appropriate way of approaching it is... "stop" if you could...

At the same time, grounded in the belief in self-referencing blah blah blah... I find myself constantly in the stopping process unless confronted with further clarification to trigger further processing. 8-O

You stop entertaining insinuations....

You stop interpreting signs...

You stop at all cost... for health....

Wonder whether this is the reason why I am always so confused and couldn't understand what the hell is coming out of people's mouth... 8-O lol 8-X

This makes you feel... maybe what they call stupid...


Yet, if being stupid is what it takes to be healthy, I'd rather be stupid.... provided I am functional... guess this proves that there is something right about Maslow's Hierarchy...

Someone asked me the other day...

"Do you think you are smart?"

"Do you think you are beautiful?"

"What kind of expectations do you have for yourself?"

Excellent probing question for any fortunate ordinary soul....

However, consciously, I don't quite care no more about being smart.

In addition, looks will fade as evident by how much cuter I was in my much younger and more vulnerable years...

Expectations for life? Health, happy and financially independent is the expectation I have for life especially when I have no intention at all to be like them oddballs who would rather sacrifice everything else for self-actualization.... On a second hand... if health and happiness are what I expect for life... well... maybe... ain't so off.... since I will do everything I could to be health and happy... (OK... I am confusing myself here...)

And, of course, I have absolutely no idea whether it would work (and of course, it is not like they never mention thought stopping in textbooks 8-O lol oops).

Except for... how do I learn to do it especially when I am such a slow learner? How do you put it to work?

More importantly, how does anyone else put it to work? That is the question...

No comments: