Saturday, October 9, 2010

What I did for my dry mouth and esophagus spasm

I spoke of the dry mouth many a moon... so dry that you feel the walls of your esophagus stick together... so dry that you can down pints and pints of water but, once you lay down... it's already dry...

Today I have lived through it and knock on wood...

The things that might have helped...

  1. Pears
  2. Dried pears
Apparently, some part of the chemical associated with pears help to retain the moisture and alleviate the symptoms.

In addition, since esophagus spasm occurred around the same time the dry mouth thing took place...

What I did for my esophagus spasm...

It was suspected that the esophagus spasm might have been associated with heart burn... though heartburn was not never a diagnosis in my dictionary... 8-O lol sigh

Thus, my doctor made me take some over-the-counter heartburn meds for two weeks.

Since some people suggested peppermint (oil), I also went and got myself some peppermint oil from the health food store.... mixing some drops in the water and drink it.

I don't know what worked and what worked not.

One thing I knew is that... something happened and hopefully they will not come back

Good luck and hope it works for you, too!

No comments: