Tuesday, August 26, 2008

That thing I call 氣

Since I have been doing the 氣- or chi-related kind of activities these past few months, and, given that they seem to work for me, I have been recommending 氣功 or chi Kong related exercises to many people I know....

Yet, to be honest...

I can't quite tell you what exactly 氣 is other than it is the thing that moves around the body leading the circulation of blood...

I can't tell you what specific sets of movements to engage in like any other types of 氣功 or chi Kong since what I do is quite the contrary to all other types of 氣功 or chi Kong.... while other types of 氣功 or chi Kong requires one to guide the movement of 氣 through mind and body, what I do is more similar to the thing called 自發功 where only 氣 and 氣 leads the body movements, not the mind...

At the same time, I can't tell you how to do the 自發功 thing either since I am not yet quite sure whether I have achieved the state of letting my head not engage in leading my body movement and let 氣 be the sole force guiding my body movement.

All that I could tell you is...

Whatever the 氣 thing is...

Acupuncture and 氣 (chi) related exercises have helped big time in my recovery from pain and immobility.

No comments: