Monday, August 18, 2008

Tomorrow I shall fly

So they said all flights are fully booked from now till the beginning of September.

So they said all that could do was to put me on the waiting list.

So I put my name on the waiting list to get a seat back to New York... for Aug. the 19th...

I called them everyday to check on the condition...

Then, I called them every hour to check how things are going....

The lady moved my request higher up on the priority list a bit in the morning...

The lady rushed my request ever more in the afternoon plus adding my name to tomorrow's waiting list.

I finally decided to go online to their website to check whether all flights are fully booked...

I saw, with my own eyes, fully booked the flights I have been assigned.

Except for... with seats, two earlier flights....

I called the airline company again and asked the lady who answered...

"Could I get on the other flight?"

She checked and said yes.

Worse timing might have made the flight sold not so hot... that's why there were still seats then (although all seats gone by now).

The moral of the lesson....

Why did it take me so long to see the alternative flight?

No comments: