Friday, October 9, 2009

Presence

They said in the book that presence is something they have been studying in psychotic patients.

I guess... it is the presence I sensed about the monk... you recognise its existence... in your mind....

It could also be the presence I sensed when I was in the psychiatric ward years back in St. Lukes.... when I thought I could hardly hold myself together and this uncle of mine, 12 hour time difference apart, in a Taiwanese psychiatric ward... was in my body and carrying me...

I recently ponder...

If we could sense the presence and could learn to disengage ourselves from further interpretation, would it be possible to prevent them occurrences of presence be used to further fortify the build-up of the delusional systems? How do you teach it?

I see presence as a potential ingridient for the build up of delusional systems. Yes, I do.

The question... could it be possible for their potentials to be not realized?

No comments: