Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The implications of "I am full"

I happily slept through the night without interruption and woke up freundlich to the bright day light.

Then, I went and cooked myself some veggies and an egg with noodles for breakfast.

A big breakfast when compared to my ordinary diet.

I thought that was one big meal... I finished the veggies and had a banana... couldn't even finish the noodles.

I thought that shall that care of the eating department like what it used to do.

Yet, at around 1:00, not too long after I got to work, I found myself hunger for and could not stop thinking about MEAT-- ya, the animal grade kinda protein kinda meat.

Hypothesis 1: The "hunger" could be a manifestation of another side effect caused by Risperdal--- restlessness and the inability to concentrate on what I would like to concentrate on such as reading about multidimensional scaling...

Hypothesis 2: It could also simply be the manifestation of another side effect of the drug... increased appetite and decreased metabolic rate. This is the reason why people gain weight after they start taking the medicine.

Hypothesis 3: In addition, even during my ordinary life, abnormal or not, I could go on for a while without eating meat and there would come, suddenly, the time, when my body tells me to get some meat to eat. Except for, this seems to be happening a bit too much more frequently in the past 5 days or so. Could it have something to do with the fact that my body is going through meat withdrawal since there was never a day I ate meat not in the hospital? lol

Irregardless (double-negative to emphasize my point) the reason, I know there is only one means to end this problem of my headless state of being and that is--- go get some meat.

So I went to the truck and got myself some nice lamb over rice....

It tastes so wonderful and a few bites down--- the craving is gone and I sat by the table, wondering to death, to myself...

"I am full. I didn't even eat so much... How could I be full?"

Since I was still thinking about meat after a smoke although the obsessive thinking did go down, restlessness might have partially contribute to my inability to stop thinking about meat but it is not the sole contributor of the problem.

This leaves us with hypothesis 2 and 3 as the competing hypotheses.

Since I was already full after around 10 bites, I will not rule out the contribution of increased appetite on a long journey traversed for 10 bites. Yet, I could not stop wondering whether the meat withdrawal hypothesis is one with greater explanatory potential.

Regardless... what does this posting offer us other than I like meat a lot sometimes? lol

  1. My deductive reasoning skills seem to still be fairly intact.
  2. This is a proof that I can not write a book yet to come out to the public since I really need a full time job to give my head something better to think of-- and coming out from where? lol

Most importantly, this posting is created using Google Docs and I will experiment, for the first time, editing the text using Google Docs and posting the document to my blog.

One stone, multiple birds, I guess, in an era of slow processing speed. lol

No comments: