Monday, March 24, 2008

Reality check

I dragged my aging body into the pharmacy today to pick up that prescription grade pain killer after work today...

Having been back to work for a while, I think I am starting to think I am like all other ordinary people who could rush to handle emergency situations.

I saw this device that I have been testing about to fall down to the floor... the adrenaline level went up and I dragged my body rushing to rescue that baby toy of mine only to avail.

Then, the spasm started to hit me and I began to feel the nerve pain growing-- bringing me sort of to my tears...

To temporarily relief the pain so that I could hang on till the end of the day, I took a pain killer... which lasted me till now when I am doing icing on my neck and back.

I am sorry if this makes me sound like someone who is addictive to narcotic drugs.

I could have refrained myself from taking more medications shall I have not started forming the hypothesis about a feedback loop between my mental condition and my physical condition.

I am sorry if today's scenario makes me sound like someone with hysteric personality, who consistent finds trouble to trap oneself into.

Nothing would have happened shall things have happened not.

One thing I know is that...

Perhaps, at times, we all are offered the chance to perform a reality check to see how we are doing in our most vulnerable areas.

No comments: