Sunday, April 27, 2008

Accomplishment

I have been trying really hard to increase the number of steps I could climb when going up and down the stairs.

For the longest time, I could only do one stair at a time, be it going up or down.

Then, after the weather started to get warmer and my walking got better, I found myself to start having the "stamina" to climb up or down the stairs 2 stairs at a time before having to rest my body.

Then, another day, 10 months after the spinal injury, I made it to 3 stairs... and I thought to myself... That is nice.

Only to realize yesterday that.... "Oh, my god! Did I just push that extra step to go up the stair?"

Now my maximum record for stair climbing is 4 stairs up at a time!

How would I have imagined that, one day, a fourth step could be considered as some kinda accomplishment in my life?

So, shall you ask me, who is in a relatively useless state of mind and body, what my most recent accomplishment is...

That fourth step up.... or down...

No comments: