Monday, April 28, 2008

Odyssey

I finally sort of finished listening to the century long poem of Odyssey by Homer.

I use the word "sort of" because, at times, I would keep on replaying the recording while still not all words comprehending... possibly resulting from the combination of my ESL and airhead state of mind. lol

After listening to all the adventures Odysseus went through, in the final chapters, we finally encounter Ms. Odysseus or Penelope, who never cheated her husband, again...

And, after I am done with this 28-book-long poem, I found myself marveled not by the heroic acts of Odysseus, rather, quite annoyed by the fact that...

Yo... it ain't quite right to expect Penelope to live a sexless life for 20 years plus bringing up a son while Odysseus could have years-long affairs with either mortals or immortals?

No wonder Penelope ponders in the picture, "Why on earth do I..." 8-O lol

No comments: