Sunday, April 6, 2008

Adult education- Mama at large

One thing makes me feel sort of bad is that... when I am at work, my mama doesn't go to far from home. On my time off from work, we don't really go to too many places-- cuz me not walking fast enough.... and etc etc.

Then, I was thinking the other day that I want to do something other young people do such as going to do bar hopping... Yet, she really hates the concept of "bars" and yours truly has really been a "bar girl."

As a result, in addition to taking my mom to a "business trip" (lol) today, after work yesterday, I took mama with me to do some bar hopping... although only one stop since both of us are pretty old.

This is intended to be a lesson of the adult education series for both of us.

For me, it is about making an attempt to share with her who I am.

For her, it is an adventure to, perhaps, an alternative reality about the bar scene--- the family friendly kind... lol

It is funny to be putting my mama at the bar... especially when it might be the first or second time for her.

Maybe it was because the time was still early or the time somehow was just right...

When we were eating our appetizers and sipping our juice, we looked around and saw all the happy gatherings among families and friends.

She loved the lighting because it was bright inside.

She was very impressed by how much work it took to attend the bar and the tables.

She even sipped some strawberry Margarita. 8-O lol

She seemed to be content with the bar scene because all is quite on the west side lol while, in reality, the bar scenes for me these past few years entail nothing more than me drinking, me stopping drinking and me going home along... what an exciting scene! 8-O lol

I feel happy afterwards because I know she is content.

I, then, thought--- sometimes, to make people feel content, all that you have to do is to give them what they have most of their energies vested on even though sometimes it involves a negative directionality.

No comments: