Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The look

I was trying to call someone on the phone today for personal business.

Then, I asked my boss... is this guy married? Maybe I will marry him.

Then, for the next two hours, I waited and waited for him to answer my phone call while murmuring things like... "My husband hasn't called."

Somewhere around this time, this topic came up...

"Why do you want to marry him?"

"He is not all that good looking..."

I thought and replied, "Mama said that good looking guys might run away with someone else."

"But you have to look at him..."... Good point... I thought to myself...

Then, I pondered a minute and said, "But a girlfriend of mine told me that she was once so deadly in love with this really sorry looking guy and, ended up, this guy also ran away with someone else."

I got a bit confused... and even more confused when I sort of thought of my past relationship... cuz the analysis seems to lead to the result that, regardless of look, guys just run away...

Then, I said... guess we need a larger sample... (the issue of generalizability) lol

No comments: