Monday, April 7, 2008

Footenote about fear and harm

http://ratologyreloaded.blogspot.com/2008/04/fear-and-harm.html

I don't think the scenarios I gave you would give you a scare through my words. Yet, they were pretty annoying kinda feeling at the time.

In other words, the agony and suffering experienced by psychotic patients as a result of their delusions and hallucinations are no less real than if all is real.

Essentially, there are four different types of delusions concerning the issue of fear and harm...

  1. The fear that I am doing harm to the others directly (e.g., people hearing my voices)
  2. The fear that people want to do harm to me directly (e.g., people want to hurt me)
  3. The fear that people want to do harm to the others because of me/I am doing harm to the others indirectly (e.g., people got hurt because of their affiliation with me.)
  4. The fear that I am causing people to do harm to the others/I am doing harm to the others indirectly (e.g., people want to hurt me or people affiliated with me)

Where are the scenarios about harm done to the others?

  • I decide to not mention those scenarios because I feel more comfortable talking about my own mishaps than those of the others, as long as I know, at the end, they all are fine fine fine.

What does it feel like to make the fear and harm posting?

  • I guess it is still sort of painful to revisit that night... However, I decide to get it out now since I still remember many of the details and, the earlier I make the posting, the earlier this posting might be of some use.

No comments: