Monday, April 14, 2008

Flower

On my way out to work, I saw that beautiful rose by the window pane...

The one I bought for my mama on Saturday.

Well, I guess I bought it because I felt guilty about telling her that young people need to have the chance to live what young people's life could be, except for the words might not have come out quite right out of my mouth.

Mama did hear it and mama did react to it...

Sunday morning when we were having our breakfast, mama told me, "You are actually really lucky to have a good mama like me."

I replied, "I never said you are not a good mama. You are a good mama."

That was the end of the story.

After breakfast, I took the rose mama placed in the kitchen into my room and left it by the window pane.

So, just when you might expect me to start elaborating on how forgiveness is the essence of true unconditional love, I found myself thinking about the funny coincidence that I could not get off my head....

I was sitting there enjoying my oppositional defiant behavior... sipping my strawberry Margarita quietly letting the voices playing in my airhead on and off as usual.

At some point, I heard the voice saying something like I should be good to my mama blah blah blah and "Buy your mother flowers to apologize" (and, of course, you could say this was my superego speaking to myself).

Then, all of a sudden, I was told by someone in carne in osso what I was hearing in my head-- buy mama flowers. 8-O

The funny thing is that... it seems really natural and nothing extraordinarily strange about such coincidence....

On my way home, I bought the rose, I thought about the coincidence and I went on living my ordinary abnormal life as usual.

Such is the story of a rose-- the flower, for mama, I bought.

No comments: