Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Problem or dilemma

It is wonderful that my dad could talk with us anytime for free through skype like what we just did for the last hour or so...

Yet, after a while, I started to have this sensory overload kind of feeling and I had to go out of my room to seek some moment of quietness.

Then, I realized that, my ears-- physically--- hurt from listening to all the conversation....

This is a problem or more of a dilemma for me nowadays that makes me feel really bad.

During the day time, I would be out at work or in school while mama is home alone.

I think, because she doesn't really get to talk to anyone during the day time, she could keep on talking through out the night, which makes it really difficult for me to rest my head and my ears.

And, then, I thought... but what didn't I feel so overloaded when we were out and about? Didn't I just take her to the bar the other day?

Then, it occurs to me that... I didn't really need to process a lot of information because she didn't talk too much and the degree of loudness was actually within my comfort zone at the bar... lol

Or, maybe, it is the combination for me needing to constantly process external input (her conversation) at a high frequency (the number of things she talked about within a given time frame) for an extended duration that makes me feel overwhelmed or cognitive overloaded (while loudness might also be a contributing factor).

Then, I thought to myself...

Maybe I am going to start taking her to work with me and taking her out for a walk everyday after work.

No comments: