Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Timing and missed opportunity

Just finished booking my flight to go back to Taiwan...

Since my mama wants me to travel on the same flight with her back home, I tried to look up the cheapest fair for the flights.

The thing is... I found this fare and decided to book it.

However, after clicking on that submit button, the page just kept on loading and wouldn't stop....

I finally called up the support hotline and told the gentleman about the problem I was having.

Eventually, the response he gave me was... the price must have gone up by a good 50 dollars (and as I had put it to my mama, "More than how much I had made today." lol) right between me finding the fare and clicking on the submit button.

Since there was nothing he could do for me and since my mama wants me to take the same flight, I looked up the new fare and completed the booking.

I gotta tell you that I didn't feel too hot about having to have no sense of agency at all in the whole flight booking scenario.

So is my story of timing and my missed opportunity.


BTW, I find the following website really helpful if you are interested in comparison shopping for flights and welcome to Taiwan!!

http://www.kayak.com/

No comments: