Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Taken for granted

I often think it is not very good for people to take things for granted.

I love smiling because I know how, at times, it could take some much work for one to smile.

I love using my head because I know how difficult it is to perform the most simple task when I am too drugged out, too in pain, or too much in all other conditions otherwise not specified.

I love working because I know now how much work it takes for me to get back to the working routine-- regardless effectiveness and efficiency.

I would love to be able to walk a block straight without having to stop because now I know how spasm and pains can affect my mobility, be such experience conversion disorder or not.

I love the people I love because I know how ephemeral life could be and I don't particularly like negative kind of feelings such as anger, upset, etc since these feelings do not make me feel good..

Then, it occurs to me that it might be difficult for people to know that they are taking things for granted until they loose something since these things are embedded indistinguishably with their existence.

I am afraid, though, that, one day, I will be adding more to that I love Verb+ing list...

This is why, I say to myself and I tell my mama, I cherish all I have and I thank God (of all religions), especially now I have learned some lessons about how things could be so very taken for granted.

No comments: