Saturday, April 5, 2008

friends and technologies

My friend from Boston and I spoke of how we see each other almost everyday on skype but only talk once in a blue moon or 2. We came to the agreement that... "Don't really need to talk as long as there is the social presence..." (or you might call it the virtual attachment therapy...) lol

Then, she asked me yesterday, "You still don't have a cell phone?"

I replied, "Nope. No one calls me anyway and why do I want people to track me down wherever I go?" (even though it is not as if I could run so fast... lol)

I added, "I don't even check my school and work emails all that often nowadays since nobody emails me other than junk mails. Gmail maybe due to the ebay transaction."

At some point, she took out this iPod touch toy to let me play with it... Then, under contact, I saw she got 2 contacts only on that fancy gadget.. one her husband and the other her 5-year-old son.

I looked at her and said, "What do you putting your son as a contact for? How you have only two people in your contact list? You also have no friend!"

So, the two of us laughed happily at ourselves and each other because we both have no friends. lol

No comments: