Saturday, April 12, 2008

local/global minimal/maximal

I have grown to be really intrigued by the concept of local minima recently, partially has to do with this class I am reattending as well.

In theory, the ultimate goal of all analyses is to reach a global and to avoid local solutions.

For instance, if you consider the graph to be a function of some variables, sometimes we will come to a point when we thought we have reached our destination while the ultimate solution is yet to be found.

This makes me feel really sad for local minimum and local maximum... 8-O ....

It is because I could not stop thinking that--- without the contrast of local solutions, how could we appreciate the global ones (while, of course, it might be advisable to keep in mind the existence of global solutions)?

At the same time, for all the issues I have been blah blah blah about... be work, green card, relationship, mental health, physical health, death and or else otherwise not classified... if I use seperation anxiety as the framework to understand them all, I bet death would be the global solution and all other topics would be the local solutions.

Although the local solutions might sometimes make me feel like a dog chasing its own tail or a chicken running around without a head, it is through the local solutions do I live my life for all that the global solution could grant me is but the state of death (which, for me, might still be a state that is a bit too boring and doesn't seem to be too nice)... 8-O

On the other hand, it does make sense, too, in life, to have a focus on global solutions and place not so much focus on local solutions...

For instance, going along with Viktor Frankl's line of thinking provided I am interpreting it right, it is not until one come to truly accept death as the global solution could one let go of the other minor annoyances in life and focus on living a life.

This reminds me of the times when death was here and there and everywhere for me. It did make me feel like the most important thing is for me to live, except for-- while Viktor Frankl might have reached the true understanding of what he meant, I was just pure crazy... 8-O lol

Since I got nothing else to share with you about... such is my free associations about local/global minimal/maximal (solutions).

No comments: