Thursday, April 3, 2008

True score

It must be really funny or paradoxical for people to read me complaining about my head not starting while I produce so much of verbal diarrhea through my blog.

Through out the years, I have been making this complain (slow) as the side effect of the antipsychotic drugs to my psychiatrists and many a time did they tell me that my brain seemed to be working fine and it did not seem to be too slow.

When I was taking a shower, it occurs to me that... this is the essence of the true score theory within which all observations are made up of two components: the true score and the errors.

X=T+E

Somehow I have the biased view that my observations are closer to the true value than those of my psychiatrists at times because I could feel it in my head and source of the observations they made are not as directly linked to the black box.... 8-O (oops... sorry)

At the same time, if there is a day when the errors are truly random and, hopefully, really small, that would be the day when my performance in both body and mind matches up with my true ability.

Such is the implications of the true score theory for the day.

No comments: