Thursday, April 3, 2008

The annoying things about ratprincess

One of the most annoying thing about being Ratprincess is that... when I am walking around feeling like ordinary people, things would happen and reality would hit me like a slap in the face.

After work last Saturday afternoon, I got out from the College and was about to light a smoke.

Somehow, the cigarette felt onto the floor and was about to roll down the stairs.

Since it was the last smoke I got, I tried really hard to bend down slowly while reaching for that moving target.

All of a sudden, I found myself falling on my knees right at the edge of the stairs.

It got some ladies further down a scare and these nice people came running to me, trying to help me in whatever capacity they could.

After a while and with their help, I finally stood up on my two feet again, managed to get down the stairs and eventually shipped myself home in a taxi cab.

Having been in the painful state for almost 11 months, now I know what to do when emergency like this occurs.

From one of these three nice ladies, I got 2 Aleve and gauged it down to kill the pain and relax the muscles. When I got home, I applied Bengay on my knees, back and neck in addition to ice these locations religiously.

Such interventions seemed to sort of worked because I did not wake up the second day feeling especially more in pain or experience more difficulties moving.

Then, just when you think... there doesn't seem to be anything particularly difficult to deal with...

Inevitably, you would get slapped again in the face by this thing called reality.

So, this past few days, other than my head doesn't really start, there are not really too many problems with my head except for those fleeting positive symptoms.

Then, yesterday, there was a special function at work where we had a lot of enthusiastic people... It was absolutely wonderful that there were a lot of people at the function and everyone was very engaging... Unfortunately, my brain apparently could not process so much sound at one time and it did not take me too long before I had to step out of the room due to the experience of cognitive overload---

How would I have known and how would you know?

Today, I was trying to make an appointment to get myself to physical therapy and, after all the phone calls I have made, I was still getting no where....

Despite of whatever I said about nothing matters, the whole getting back to PT thing is something purely frustrating and was literally driving me crazy in addition to some other minor incidents through out the time...

Then, when, finally, I was able to come back and collect my head, I found the voices coming pretty strong into my head.

At that point, I sighed and thought--- I know that stress could increase the dopamine activities but I didn't know the impact could be so very immediate! 8-O

Therefore, if people think it is not so easy to be with Ratprincess--- you are not along because it makes at least the two of us... lol

No comments: