Sunday, April 27, 2008

Story

Sometimes I wish that I could write up a story for you.

This could be a love story that could move someone with a heart of stone.

This could be a story about how one's will could defy all odds and constraints.

This could be a story about the power of man's belief in the light he seeks.

However, my current state of mind and my inadequate writing affords me not a story of substance to offer.

Then, it occurs to me that through ebay, I have communicated people from all different part of the globe while some of them shared with me their own stories in simple words.

There is this lady who retires early due to her back injury and the consequential onset of major depression.

There is this lady who lost her job and went on disability because her back injury and nerve pain.

There is this lady who had, maybe 17, surgeries in her cervical spine. The pain is so bad that now she has a pump installed in her to ease up the process of pushing pain killers directly--internal...

There is also this lady who has been struggling with depression and finds comfort in crafting.

Just when I am feeling sorry about my inability to tell the story the way I like it to be....

It occurs to me that no story could ever be of any substance without the amalgamation of all stories and the readers' thoughts.

Such a thought is comforting...

Story telling is not solely my job after all....

No comments: