Sunday, April 20, 2008

So romantic!

I took my mama for an outing today.

When we sat there having some snacks, mama brought up this topic again saying something like, "If there is any man who likes you, you should get married. However, it's gotta be someone who is capable of taking care of you."

I replied, "Ya, it would be really nice if, when we are in our 80s and 90s, we could keep each other happy company." (ya, somehow, nowadays, the most romantic thing for me is for people to grow old together... 8-O lol)

Mama said, "Gotta be now and why would you wanna live till 80s and 90s?!" 8-O

My jaw almost dropped and said, "Why don't I live till my 80s and 90s (retirement age in my mind) if I still have functional teeth to eat, could still move around and my mind still functioning?" lol

At the same time, I thought to myself, "Isn't it strange that all that I want now is someone who could accept me as I am. Why is it so difficult for me to find a husband?" (and I guess it might have something to do with my peculiar characteristics... lol)

Then, we moved on with some other topics.

As we were strolling down Broadway later on all peacefully, we, all of a sudden, heard this loud noise and we found two people yelling at each other.

Looking closer as we passed them by, we realized these two might be a couple in their late 70s fighting up a storm on the street by their car, attracting attention from passers-by.

I don't even recall who made this comment first but both my mama and I were laughing our heads off....

Apparently, the companionship between mature couples might not be as peaceful and calming as I had imagined... 8-O lol

No comments: