Sunday, October 3, 2010

You have to tell me...

A friend once teased me... "So you know everything about being psychotic."

It was some time after last Summer, I think, when I was still struggling to learn to think again... therefore... the question... How do normal people think?

I responded with all due respects and seriously...

"No.  I don't know everything about being psychotic!  I only know what I know.  I don't know what I don't know."

He explained... "I am teasing you!"

Oh... Interesting concept... teasing...

A major concept I relearned that day... teasing...

Meaning... when people say one thing, they might infer something else or intend to deliver some other kind of notion.

Yet, a bit too technical for my processing power then....

All that I don't know... One thing I knew was that I didn't sense bad intention... good more like it..

"Yes.  I am joking... Sometimes people joke..."

He might have added something like this...

Another light ball went off that morning...

Joking... people make fun of things...

"Thanks for telling me.  My head doesn't run too well and low on processing power nowadays.  You have to tell me."

Thereafter, and, in many more incidences alike, and, for many more days and nights and weeks and months... (and maybe till today... hopefully not...)

When people tell me things, I take it literally and could only take it literally until, at some point, some of them might make it clear to me...

"You know I am joking?"

"Ah?! 8-O"  After all my effort to comprehend and retain their speech along the subject of discussion...

"Then you have to tell me you are joking at the beginning so that I know it is a joke so that I can process it along the line of a joke.  My head is a bit slow.... Too complicated... too complicated..." lol

Then, one day, this friend responded... "But, I didn't know it was going to turn into a joke in the beginning."

Good point.

On a second thought.... amazing I still have my people.... 8-O lol

No comments: